Leonard E. Milligan III
Leonard E. Milligan III
Len Milligan is a founding partner of the firm. His practice focuses on litigation in state and federal courts.
For each of the past four years (2009-2012) Len has been named a ‘Rising Star' by the editors of New England Superlawyers and Boston Magazine-an honor bestowed to less than 2.5% of lawyers practicing in New England. In 2010, he was a scholarship recipient to the National Criminal Defense College, learning and working with ninety-six of the best lawyers from around the country on cutting edge trial issues. In 2011, Len was featured by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association's Excellence in the Law Awards as an "Up & Coming" Lawyer.
Len teaches courses in trial advocacy each fall at the Criminal Justice Institute at Harvard Law and in the spring teaches a clinical course in Criminal Advocacy Northeastern University School of Law. Len has given expert legal commentary on Fox, ABC, NPR, WEEI.
Len has extensive experience in serious felony criminal defense litigation and has represented hundreds of people in state and federal courts. He is certified by the Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS) to represent individuals in Superior and Appellate Courts in Massachusetts, and prides himself on his reputation among his peers as a dedicated and focused lawyer.
Len also represents companies, large and small, in business litigation matters with serious consequences. His thorough work product and unique approach to dealing with opposing counsel often sets Len apart from other litigators in the field. Many of the firms' largest business litigation clients were referred to us by former opposing counsel that, for one reason or another, needed to pass along a needy client to another attorney.
Len is a member of the Board of Directors for the not-for-profit USA Ski Cross, which fields the Ski Cross team representing the United States in World Cup and Olympic competition.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Business Litigation
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- Major: Philosophy
- Trial Advocacy, Harvard Law School
- Trial Advocacy, Northeastern School of Law
Honors and Awards
- New England SuperLawyers Magazine--Rising Star , 2009 - 2011
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly - Excellence in the Law, 2011
- Scholarship recipient to the National Criminal Defense College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2010
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2007
Past Employment Positions
- Salsberg & Schneider, Associate, 2007