Michael Joseph Duran
Michael Joseph Duran
Mike Duran manages Milligan Coughlin's Colorado Office located in Aspen. His practice includes business and real estate transactions, land use, commercial litigation, personal injury law, and criminal / DUI defense. In all aspects of his law practice Mike zealously protects his client's rights.
Prior to joining Milligan Coughlin, Mike worked for Stevens Littman Biddison Tharp & Weinberg, where he practiced civil, commercial, and business related litigation. Mike also has significant experience in private equity, lending, and foreclosure. His clients include individuals, businesses, municipalities, and non-profits from Colorado's Front Range to the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains.
Mike also represents people who have been injured in all types of accidents, including: car accidents, auto vs. pedestrian accidents, ski accidents, slip and fall accidents, recreational accidents, defective products, and professional negligence. Mike understands that such injuries can have serious, life changing consequences. He is committed to doing everything in his power to get his clients the settlement, award, or verdict that they deserve.
During his undergraduate years, Mike ski raced for Boston College, where he earned USCSA Academic All American status, and served as a Team Co-captain in his senior year. He then attended the University of Minnesota Law School. Mike spent his final semester attending C.U. Boulder as a visiting law student. While there, Mike served as an assistant coach of the CU Varsity Ski Team.
Please call Attorney Duran for a free initial consultation
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- Major: English / Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Stevens Littman Biddison Tharp & Weinberg, LLC, Associate
- Rider & Quesenberry, LLP, Associate
- Kaplan Strangis and Kaplan P.A., Summer Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Corporate Counsel to the American Ski Cross Association, a 501(c) 3 Public Charity Based in Aspen